Monday, July 6, 2015

So long, 'meow'

My daughter used to do this adorable thing where she identified animals by their sounds.

She still does it to some degree, but the other day at daycare, she walked in and said, "Hello, cat."

And my heart broke a little.

She used to say, "Hello, meow," and it made me smile every time. I mean, how freakin' cute is that?

Now, saying, "Hello cat," means she's getting older, she's learning the proper name for things and she's growing as a person.

It means she's not going to stay little, no matter how much I want her to remain my wee girl.

It makes me think that I'm going to be sad when I realize she's no longer excited about seeing a bus or a fire truck, but I know she'll be excited about other things - like going to see fireworks, riding on rollercoasters and new adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment