Saturday, July 4, 2015

Do you know how to sew?

Because I do not. The last time I tried to learn was in Grade 8, during home economics. I was terrible at it. I couldn't iron, let alone figure out how a bobbin worked.

But now, I want to learn because I suddenly have the urge to make skirts out of cool fabrics. Like Star Trek TNG fabric I found. Or, you know, something not nerdy (or even MORE nerdy).

How awesome would that be as a skirt? I mean, COME ON!

My mother sews. My mother-in-law sews. I buy the stuff you use an iron to melt it and glue fabric together.

I looked up sewing classes today at a local shop - $100 for two two-hour classes, plus supplies. Yikes!

But I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet. I mean, how else am I going to score a cool Star Trek skirt? Maybe I can turn it into a business. Likely not ... but maybe!


No comments:

Post a Comment