Thursday, July 30, 2015

Falling into a mommy blogger trap

I Googled "perfect mom" and this was the first image.
I am coming dangerously close to being one of those people.

The bloggers who offer you advice. They tell you, "This is such a great way to do things! You should, too!" The bloggers who seem perfect because they make amazing meals and repurpose their toddler's art.

For that, I apologize.

I am far from the perfect mother. In fact, most days I feel like I'm getting it all oh so very wrong. I have been known to get angry and frustrated. I have put less than stellar dinners on the table. I have let my daughter watch one more episode of UmiZoomi than I should (even if they are using their mighty math powers, there is a limit - although, fun fact, the voice actor who plays Bot is Joe from Blue's Clues).

Is there some greater lesson I can take from all of this and, in turn, inspire you all? Should I say showing my imperfections will teach my children they don't have to be perfect, as well. That striving for perfection all the time is an unrealistic goal. That accepting that I'm not perfect will make me a better mom?

Sure, I could say all that (didn't I just do that), but really, you don't need me to tell you that. Nor, really, do I want to do so.

I may, from time to time, share some small bits of wisdom, but I am far from the expert who should be doling out any kind of advice. So take what you will, leave the rest. I won't be offended. I'm just here to share me. I like crafts. I hate to cook and hope food posts might help other people who hate to cook.

To wrap up this rather meaningless post, I want to introduce you to Fowl Language, if you're not already familiar. I found out about it through a HuffPo article and quite enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment